***Prepare yourselves, this a lengthy post without pictures!
BUT...this is something I am doing for myself!!!***
- To belong to a group of gals that share a common interest and passion, with whom you can share thoughts and ideas.
- Because I have been a secret admirer of this group since I discovered them earlier this year watching quietly,
- I feel the need to be "accountable"... BUT!!!
- I enjoy a sense of "belonging."
- It is a way to expand my creativity.
- I do like to have a good time!!!
- Because I have a fear of commitment, especially when I have put myself out there but, yet I know I need to! I hate letting others down!
- I procrastinate... I think, umm... because, I can???
- I am a terrible decision maker (But, this would be a step in the right direction, right?). This has been a real challenge when it comes to fabric choices, I like it all!!! (just some more than others!)
- Do I have the personal time to do this "right?"
- I am slow, at sewing. I like to take my time, I like to understand and follow directions (this can be a hang up!). I consider myself a "copy cat artist" (I try to be original but, when I see something I like, I know it. So please don't be insulted but, take it as a compliment if someone likes what you do and wants to know how you did that!!) I do better when I can "see" what I am doing, and where I am going. I have been told I am a perfectionist and can be my own worst enemy.
- Ohhh.... gosh, I read this and start to sound like a "nut case." Honest, I am not. I probably over analyze things too much...sometimes.(right honey?) Will they like me, will I let them down? Will I have anything to offer?
Well...Do I or Don't I????
I want to join, I want to expand my horizons and grow as a woman and as a quilter! I want to be a BETTER person!!!
The theme for July/August is SELF/CARE!
So here are the personal priorities I will strive for:
1. Start eating SMART & get my SO to eat SMART with me. Something fellow bloggers don't know... ( I lost 50 lbs last year and now I am struggling...I have started to put the weight back on and I am embarrassed and ashamed to admit that!) I know what it takes but, currently I can't get myself there...ugh!!!)
2. Exercise...something, anything! Walk, ride bicycle, run, just get moving! Something is better than nothing!!!
3. quilt - MORE, browse - LESS... ideas are great, inspiring, and stimulating but, it comes to a point when it then becomes an excuse not to get myself in gear and CREATE!!! Always, afraid I am going to miss something!
4. Make the time to be a passenger on the back of the Harley with my SO (this is his passion and he has gone out of his way to make it comfortable for me, so I will share in this adventure with him!). AND , he even stops at quilt stores along our way...however, 10 minutes before they close is not enough time to "take it all in"... a hum!!!
Here is my list of sewing goals for July/August... (gulp...am I really, doing this???)
1. Schinibble Times Two Contest.
2. Bag I
3 Bag II
4. Donation quilt + 1
HOW, am I going to get this all done if I am on the back of a motorcycle? Cutting and piecing are definitely out!
Sooo.... with all that said "Count me IN!!!"