Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Birthday quilt, that almost was'nt... (part I)


This is "The Birthday Quilt, that almost wasnt."

                                                                     The binding.

                                                                      The backing.

 This will be for my youngest grandson Lane, who will be 2 in April. I fell in love with this line of fabric and knew that I would have to make it for one of the grandsons. I have done this pattern before and goes together quick and looks more complicated than it actually is. Well, this time it did get complicated! I mis-cut, giving me an extra seam on the bias, as if two weren't bad enough. It was REALLY wonky. My heart sunk, the flaw runs right through the middle of the quilt and jumps out at me!

I left it for a couple weeks, not wanting to quilt it.  I had planned to do it myself and when I went to lay it out, the wonky was even more obvious.  I have a friend who has a long arm and she thought it could be saved, so off it went.  It's now back and I am working on the binding. Stay tunned...

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt, glad you saved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it make you feel great when a plan "finally" comes together? Wonderful binding for that quilt. Judy C

    ReplyDelete