Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meet, Madeline...

This is my Madeline, Schnibble...  a UFO carried over from last year.  I finished piecing her this week and she is ready to be quilted.

She may look familiar... 

You see, I first saw this layout last year over at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure. I was infatuated and asked permission from Kim, if I could duplicate her layout and she was gracious enough to say "yes."   I am a BIG fan of Kim's. She has a fantastic eye for color (brights, especially that I just love) she is VERY creative and she can can always turn a quilt "into her own" her talents put me in awe.







I spent the afternoon working on Madeline.  I sewed two and ripped out one, or was that sewed one ripped out two?  It is slow going.  I am not to crazy about this quilting but, my last attempt at free motion was a disaster and I am just not up to attempting it, at this time.  I am going to give it at rest for tonight.  I am tempted to rip it out and start over, just not the effect I was looking for.

Kris and Kelly thank you,  for hosting a delightful afternoon! 

11 comments:

  1. Love the quilt top. I am sure the quilting will come together, sometimes you just need to step away for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to post the photo! What a pretty quilt for Valentines!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I have that pattern, but I haven't started it yet. Someday soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt. I agree with Tiffany - you need to set it aside. When you stress - you get critical of your work. I would let the blocks sing, not the quilting. I think what you have going is a perfect little accent to those lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I love how you quilted it...what an adorable quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about free motion.. I must take some time to pracice.. I love your quilt and I am certain it will turn out beautiful.
    It was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's so cute! You're ready for Valentine's Day! It sure was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Madeline! I have the pattern and charm packs, but that's as far as I've gotten. It looks great in this fabric. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt. You'll get it done. Free motion can be frustrating sometimes. I find if I am having a bad day, best to wait until another to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a delightful quilt...perfect for Valentines day! Hope your quilting is going better for you, some days it is just better to stop and come back to it later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Madeline and this fabric collection, too. I used some of this last year, too! Have you tried using a walking foot to do your straight line machine quilting? Makes a HUGE difference in even feed of the quilt...huge. :-D I often visit Kim for inspiration, too. She's such fun!

    ReplyDelete